Had a lpr for 20 yrs. One conviction in 2006 detained in 2011 for that aggravated felony conviction do I qualify for u visa

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was an lpr for 20 years. I had one convictiin felony possesion with intent to sell of marijuana in 2006 paid all the fees finished probation terms. Got pregnant and had a child in 2010. Bf reported me.to ice and in 2011 they came and arrested me for the 2006 case. In desperation of getting out I signed my final order of.deportation after 5 months of being detained and received immigration parole. They had.me.on. gps reporting.once.a.week.and.them coming to visit me once week on top of the immigration parole reporting I had to.do.every.month. I stoppd reporting and got into a destructive relationship with new bf. He beat me severely and I reported him after like the 13 th time he did it. I heard about the u visa and am wondering if I am able to apply and get a green card that way.

1. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

3

Answered . Yes I agree that this is really an immigration question. You may wish to add the letters VAWA to the last part of the question for Violence Against Women Act which may be a possibility depending on several factors and which an immigration attorney should address for you. Good luck.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . This is more of an immigration law question, better answered by immigration law attorneys.

3. Sholeh Iravantchi

2

Answered . This is an immigration matte. The first issue is that you were deported. But you did not state that what happened that you did not leave? Also with regards to "U" visa, the application is complex and certainly you need an immigration attorney to assist you, otherwise, you may face denial of your application.