Had a fender-bender. Police filed no report. Being contacted with estimates for auto damage. What, if anything should I do?

Spotswood, NJ |

Police officer at the scene said he saw no damages. Neither party asked for a report to be filed. Three other people at scene. All saw no damages. Now getting calls with estimates. If no report was filed, is there any proof of fault or liability. Should I even respond to the phone calls? Thanks!

I suggest you turn this over to your insurance company to handle. You thought there was no damage and you would not hear from anyone again. Well that is not the case now. YOur auto carrier is paid by you to deal with these type issues.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

Simply report it to your insurance company to resolve.

Immediately contact your insurance carrier and ask them to deal with it.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.