Had a dui in pa while visiting. placed in ARD program. Had personal evaluation. Paid fines etc. Now I wish to take the classes

Asked about 3 years ago - Plantation, FL

in Florida, (Ft Lauderdale, Plantation area. Don't know how to get enrolled there. Or is it better for me to stay in PA to complete my ARD classes here. No one seems to give me a concise answer. This was 1rst offense. Please help. Thank you

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brian Silber

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . the best thing to do is ask your probation officer since he/she would be the person violating you for failing to complete any of your special conditions.

    if you require representation for this purpose, feel free to call me: 888-888-7803


  2. Charles Thomas Jr.

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . By and large, because ARD is not a conviction it is not generally transferred across state lines. Furthermore, the Alcohol Highway Safety School (AHSS) is a very specific class created and implemented according to PA Dept. of Transportation regulations. I do not believe that a class administered in Florida will count as AHSS up here.

    However, as the other attorney noted, he best thing to do is call the probation department and ask if they will allow it. Worst that they will say is no.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,390 answers this week

3,389 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,390 answers this week

3,389 attorneys answering