Had a bus. offer that sounds too good to be true & i'm afraid that it might backfire on me. is this possible money laundering?

Dallas, TX |

my friend out of state wants to start a bus.(little caesars pizza franchise). With his stable job & credit, he can get 50k loan wch isnt enough. Needs 200k. He wants to borrow the 50k from one bank as personal loan & sign the money to me(gift), & i sign it back to him right away as an investor. then he takes the money i signed back to him to another bank & apply for 200k loan, using the 50k as a deposit. he says by doing this, he can get 200k loan. he says its illegal to borrow money from one bank so that he can use it to borrow more from another bank, thus he "gifts" me his 1st loan & i invest it back to him & he then takes tht money to another bank & applies for a 200k loan using the 50k plus his income from his job as deposit/ proof of income. would i get in any trouble for doing this?

1. Yes, you will get in trouble. Look up "check kiting" on wikipedia.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

2. Fraudulent information on a loan application can be a federal offense. If you cant get the money by filling out the application and getting approved for the loan, then anything (like that outlined in your question) is a scam and you can be arrested and charged with a felony.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.

3. Do not get involved in this scheme.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

4. Abort mission. Your instincts are correct.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737