Had a brain aneurysm 22 years ago was on ortho novum and think it may be related to the pill. Can I still sue the drug company?

Millersburg, OH |

I'm told there are class action suits out there, but don't know what to do

1. You can do a Google search to ascertain whether there is some settlement fund, but unlikely.

2. I recommend you contact a lawyer or firm with extensive experience with birth control product liability claims. You may use AVVO "Find a Lawyer" tool, or search the internet. Good luck.

3. I think that the statute of limitations would prevent you from succeeding. It looks like there has been only one reported instance of ruptured brain aneurysm while on ortho novum, so likely no class action suit.
    http://medsfacts.com/study-ORTHO-NOVUM-causing-RUPTURED%20CEREBRAL%20ANEURYSM.php

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

Class action topics