Had 2 dui one not guilty the second one guilty should I apply for my citizenship or will it get denied?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Houston, TX

I got a DUI in 2004 but I won the case and found not guilty then I got another one in 2007 and got probation etc. my green card expires in 2013

1. Shannon Willis Locke

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with the above answer. The DWI can have an adverse effect but I believe that the far greater adverse effect would be to ignore this or lose your documentation. You need to hire an immigration lawyer and that lawyer will use your entire personal history to attempt to get you naturalized. Good luck.

Seek the advice of a lawyer so that person can give you legal advice relating to your particular circumstances.
  2. Richard Timothy Jones

1

Answered . You really need to consult an immigration attorney. A DWI can have an adverse effect on your ability to get naturalized.

3. William Anthony Vitz

1

Answered . That question would be for somone like Rebecca Saldana. You need to find an immigration lawyer. There are many reasons other than DWI convictions that go into acquiring cititzenship. Not only would I contact a good immigration lawyer, I would stop drinking and driving if I wanted to stay out of jail and become a citizen of the United States.

4. Mario Rojas Madrid

Pro

1

Answered . You need to speak with an immigration attorney post this same question under the immigration attorney section.