Had 2 cervical with fusion due to auto injury. Dr Said over and over again that everything is good on xray. Medical neglected?

Detroit, MI |

Had 2 cervical with fusion surgery in 2010 and 2011. Did not relief the pain neck. Had all kinds of treatment after surgery from pain shots to burning of the nreve to every kinds of pain meds. Finally went to a new pain doctor and told about syrnix in neck that the surgeon did not tell me so made an appt with neurosurgeon and found out that the two fusions never took and all the pain was from that. Don't understand because the last 2 yrs trying to figure out and numerous xrays done at surgeon office did not show anything but was always told that everything was great and healing good. Now need third surgery. All this pain and suffering for 2 yrs. Is this reason for neglected?

1. A bad result doesn't always mean that there was malpractice, but have a local malpractice lawyer order your records to review.

2. I personally was in a car accident that resulted in syrinx forming before the fusion. The fusion was done to decrease the spread, etc. that being said, I'm not a doctor or expert. You contact a med mal lawyer. Be prepared to bring all your records. Christian Lassen is right though....it can't be considered med mal of neglect immediately unless an expert confirms such....

3. Rarely is there a case where it is clear malpractice. That said, this situation sounds very difficult because fusions do not always take. Please contact a lawyer in your area to have a physician review your medical records to determine if you have a case.

4. One risk of a fusion is that they do not "take". You need to consult with a medical malpractice attorney to see if you have a claim. Medical malpractice claims are difficult and expensive.

5. There exists a risk in any spinal fusion surgery and not all of them are successful. That being said, consult a medical malpractice attorney to review your medical records to make sure everything was performed properly.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

6. The only way to answer your question is to have a qualified surgeon or neurosurgeon look at your medical records. In Michigan a qualified medical professional must sign an affidavit that your case has merit before you can file a suit.