H4 visa to L1A visa

Hopkins, MN |

I am on H4 visa in US now from last 4 months & H4 visa stamping is valid until November 2014. Now my employer is processing L1A visa(I did work outside US more than 1 years before I came to US) and will go to India for L1A visa stamping soon.
My question is,
if my L1A visa stamping is not approved, is my H4 visa is still valid? or H4 visa also rejected?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

1. Provided you are the legitimate spouse of an H-1B visa or status holder in the US and can prove it, your H-4 visa should not be cancelled, UNLESS the consul in Hindustan suspects some fraud.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. One visa denial should not affect another visa although Consulates can do so in some situation.

My answers are for general information only, NOT A legal advice because these are not tailored to your specific situation. Contact an Immigration Attorney if you need legal advice.

3. It would depend on the reason for their denial.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.

4. In all likelihood the H4 would continue to be valid, absent other information not provided in your question. Good luck!

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

5. Hello. Further detail needs to be known in order to advise you. The answer to your question can only be a 'maybe'. The reason for the visa not being approved needs to be known. Multiple variables are involved.

TWIN CITIES to ST CLOUD. Do seek legal counsel for your personal legal issues and needs. This post is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post is to be considered general information which may or may not apply to your personal situation.