H4 visa to L1A visa

Asked about 1 year ago - Hopkins, MN

I am on H4 visa in US now from last 4 months & H4 visa stamping is valid until November 2014. Now my employer is processing L1A visa(I did work outside US more than 1 years before I came to US) and will go to India for L1A visa stamping soon.
My question is,
if my L1A visa stamping is not approved, is my H4 visa is still valid? or H4 visa also rejected?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Provided you are the legitimate spouse of an H-1B visa or status holder in the US and can prove it, your H-4 visa should not be cancelled, UNLESS the consul in Hindustan suspects some fraud.

2. Tricia Dwyer

Answered . Hello. Further detail needs to be known in order to advise you. The answer to your question can only be a 'maybe'. The reason for the visa not being approved needs to be known. Multiple variables are involved.

3. Lalita Haran

1

Answered . One visa denial should not affect another visa although Consulates can do so in some situation.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

1

Answered . It would depend on the reason for their denial.

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . In all likelihood the H4 would continue to be valid, absent other information not provided in your question. Good luck!