Skip to main content

H4 Visa Interview at US consulate in Kazakhstan- White form given and passport returned.What is administrative processing?

Plano, TX |

My wife and I got married in Texas in December 2012. My wife is a Kazakh national and was on F1 visa before marriage. Since I'm on H1 visa, after marriage we applied for H4 visa and USCIS approved it. At the beginning of this month my wife went to Kazakhstan to see her family. Since she had to get her visa stamped, she took an appointement and went to the embassy. She took with her all the documentation she needed including my visa, marriage certificate, bank documents, personal letter from me, pay slips etc. The visa focussed only on her previous F1 visa and then returned her passport and gave her a white form which indicated administrative processing. What does this mean? Her H4 was already approved so what could be the problem. What are our options if the visa is rejected? - AK

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Really bad news, especially when it comes to Kazakhstan.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Usually a close scrutiny of the case's bona fides for possible discrepancies, fraud or misstatements. Highly advisable to retain an immigration attorney.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

  3. It could still be alright but it will definitely take longer to get a response/answer to your application.

    Baybik Law Group, P.C. Please be advised that the answer above is only informational in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require full understanding and an accurate account of all pertinent facts about your case. This answer is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is to be used only for informational/general informational purposes.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics