H4 to H1B

Asked over 1 year ago - Ellicott City, MD

Hi, My wife went to India on March 2013 and will be back on 15th April 2013. I want to apply H4 to H1B for her. But she don't have I-94 as she is in india. She got her H4b stamped and valid till dec 2013. Please advise can I apply her H1B from USA without providing I-94 and give the information with updated I-94 once she is back on April 15th,. We don't want to wait till that time as the cap is anticipated to reach by 2nd week of april.

Appreciate the response!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . A potential employer can file an H-1B petition for her, but since she is not in the U.S., they cannot file a change of status for her.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . First of all YOU can't file an H-1B for her. Only a prospective employer can sign the I-129H.

No offense, but you seem to be clearly confused as to the process (eg: an I-94 isn't required).

I strongly suggest you let the employer's immigration lawyer handle things.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Shusterman.