H4 to H1 petition still pending from 2011.Can I apply for new H1B this year even if the old one is pending.

I am on H4 and I-94 is valid till 2015.I have three questions. 1: 2011 H4 -H1B pending so change of status has not been done and planning to apply H1 this year,if H1 2013 get approved will there be any problem for my change of status this year as my old H1B petition is still in pending status. 2:2011 H4-H1B approved after new H1 filled .should we withdraw new application or can we leave the old approved petition and go ahead with my H1B 2013. 3.2011 H4-H1 denied after applying H1 in 2013.will there be any problem to newly filed H1.

Phoenix, AZ -

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

It would need to be withdrawn.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Mr. Ferrari is correct ... you need the company's immigration lawyer to sort things out.

Carlos E Sandoval

Carlos E Sandoval

Immigration Attorney - Hollywood, FL

I agree with my colleagues.

Related Advice