H4 Receipt Notice received - Does that mean H1 is selected in lottery?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tustin, CA

My Husband's H1 was filed under lottery this year. H4 for myself was filed along with it. Today I received the receipt notice for COS to H4. Does it mean that the H1 petition has been selected in Lottery?

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Best Answer

Answered . Assuming they were filed together my GUESS is that your husband's application was chosen.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . That is a valid assumption.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . No. It could be an error. Only an H-1B receipt notice means the H-1B was selected in the lottery.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

Answered . It is a good sign, but don't assume anything. Wait for the receipt notice for the H-1B.