H4 Receipt Notice received - Does that mean H1 is selected in lottery?

Tustin, CA |

My Husband's H1 was filed under lottery this year. H4 for myself was filed along with it. Today I received the receipt notice for COS to H4. Does it mean that the H1 petition has been selected in Lottery?

Assuming they were filed together my GUESS is that your husband's application was chosen.

That is a valid assumption.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

It is a good sign, but don't assume anything. Wait for the receipt notice for the H-1B.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

No. It could be an error. Only an H-1B receipt notice means the H-1B was selected in the lottery.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration