H1to L2

Plano, TX |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

Hi
I am currently working in US on h1.I also have a stamped l2 visa from my husband's company.However I entered US on H1.I am planning to shift to L2 status.However my husband's L1 is due for extension.plz advice when do I apply for L2 change in status and how much time will it take?? can I apply my l2 extension along with his l1 extension??

Yes, your husband's L1 and your L2 should go together. Have you or your husband thought of Labor cert?

If I dont want a change in status now,but maybe after my husband has gotten his L1 extension, can I still apply for L2 extension along with his L1 extension?

I agree with my colleague.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You can file for a change of status at any time prior to the expiration of your I-94. It would be preferable to do so when you spouse files for an extension. Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/h1to-l2-654743.html?utm_campaign=question&utm_content=answer_notify&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification