H1b Withdrawal letter? Notification to USCIS and employee?

Asked over 1 year ago - Midland, MI

My H1b was approved in Oct 2010. I worked with my employer till June 21 2013. On June 1st 2013 my employer asked me to relocate, an offer I refused to accept. I was subsequently told that my Petition will be withdrawn. I have found a new job and the H1b petition will be filed at the USCIS office by the 28th of June.
1. How do I make sure my H1b was withdrawn?
2. Do I get any letter from my employer?
3. Does the status of my approved H1b petition change to withdrawn once my employer withdraws the petition?

I still have a pay coming in on the 28th of June and another 1 week pay coming in on the 12th of July.

Should I inform my new employer of the fact that I have not recieved any letter from the old employer. All i have are email messages stating that the employer will notify USCIS.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . 1. A withdrawal is up to the employer that filed the H-1B.
    2. A letter for what?
    3. That is up to USCIS.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is not necessary to re-ask your question.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . See the previous answers.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now