Skip to main content

H1B visa transfer from Company A to Company B?

Waukesha, WI |

I am currently working on L2 EAD. My current company A, had filed an H1B visa application, which got approved this year. I now have an offer from Company B.
My question is, can this approved H1B petition be used by company B to file for H1B visa transfer? Will there be a problem as I havent been on H1 status before?

Thanks in advance!

The H1b was filed for a consular process.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I do not understand, your employer filed for you to change status to H1b and it was granted, you should be an H1b.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. If the H was approved ... why do you say that you're working on an L-2/EAD????

    Didn't they also file for a change of status?

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. Have you asked the employers immigration attorney?

    This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics