H1b visa for business analyst candidate with degree in IT

San Jose, CA |

Hi,
I have a degree in IT and past 4.5 years I have been working as an IT engineer. 2 months back I have taken up a new role with the same client of business analyst, Now I wish to apply for h1b(currently on l1) starting April 2013. I would like to seek your help to know if I can file my h1 b for the new role with my back ground in IT(Employer-vendor-client). And if yes do I have fair chances of approval?

1. You will need to show how your work experience qualifies you for the business analyst job since the degree is only somewhat related to your new job. Also show how the analyst job also requires knowledge of IT.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

2. Have an experience immigration attorney review your resume to see if you qualify.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.