H1B VISA

Hello, I want to apply for H1B.

If I apply for H1B Visa and if it got approval.

Can my son be able to go to school? (he is 19)
Can my daughter be able to college? (she is 17)

Private or public school or college?

1. If you receive an eventual approval of H1B, provided you do, your family members will be eligible for H1B dependents status and may be able to attend school. In terms of "Private or public school or college?" you are putting the cart before the horse. First make sure you receive H1B.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

2. Yes, until reaching age 21, on an H-4 visa as your dependent.
    Same off daughter.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. If you obtain the H-1B your children will be dependents on H-4 status. H4 allows dependents to study in the US. They will have to apply for admission to the school of course. That is a separate issue from whether are permitted to study based on immigration status.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.