H1B Visa

Asked about 1 year ago - 06340

I have H1 stamped till next year end. Company A sponsored this H1 for me and i worked for them in US for 1 year and back to my home country.

Now i have company B who is filing H1B petition for me, Can i use the H1 stamp of company A with new approved H1B petition from company B to travel back to US and work in US for company B.

Or is it mandatory to go to consulate for stamping for H1B visa from company B.

Is I-94 given when i come back based on visa sponsor or is I-94 given for employer for whom i will work for.

Regards

1. Eliza Grinberg

4

Answered . Yes.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You should ask company B's immigration attorney to answer this question for you. They are paid to communicate with you. They know the facts. As a general rule, you can use that stamp provided the new petition was filed and is approved.

3. Fadi N. Minawi

4

Answered . Can use stamp however would need to file a H-1B port.

4. Dana Roxana Bucin

2

Answered . If you have spent time in your home country before filing the new H-1B petition, then you cannot do H-1B portability or H-1B transfer. Your I-94 is specific to your employer. I believe you would have to get a new H-1B stamp based on the new I-94/ Notice of Approval.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . I concur with Counsel Segal's opinion that the best source for any valuable inquiry on your pending immigration case is Company's B immigration attorney X.