H1B transferred to new employer but don't have new I797 for Family, is that problem?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I am working on H1B and changed my employer two months back. I have received my H1B transfer approval and new I797 form as well of new employer. For my wife and son, do I require to get new I797 form also or it does not require.
If not require then: My family is planning to go out of country and will return in 1 month. Will they have any problem at port of entry or in stamping?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . As long family members are on valid H-4 status, no problem. To be admitted back they'll need to apply for and obtain H-4 visas issued to them at the US consulate Hindustan.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Mr. Behar is correct, their H-4 should be fine ... as long as they carry documentation of your new/changed status.

Ask the company's immigration lawyer ... not some non-attorney in HR, to provide you with the documentation.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . You have not mentioned whether they entered on H-4 and what the expiration date on the current I-94 is?