H1B Transfer while on probation for a Class A Misdemeanor case

Asked 10 months ago - Denville, NJ

I am transferring my H1B from Company A to Company B. I am on probation of a DV (Assault) Class A Misdemeanor case. Will this affect the H1B transfer? Will it get denied?

Class A Misdemeanor case was dismissed on the trial date. But Interference with 911 call from the same case is open and am doing 26 week anger management class.

1. Harry Asatrian

Pro

Answered . It should not affect your transfer but it will come up when you travel abroad and seek admission or apply for a visa. Talk to an attorney prior to same.

2. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . It should not be relevant to your application for H1b transfer.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now