H1b transfer to new employer, I-140 approved, h1b visa for existing company being extended for 3 yrs!!!

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Company A which I worked for, went bankrupt on This mid of July. Company A sponsored me for h1b visa (extension for 3 years after My I-140 got approved on yr 2010).

I got an offer from Company B on this September, but this is a new company (just started business on September) and I am the only employee hired.

My questions?
1) can I do H1b transfer from company A to new employer? (since I were in US for 2 months and unemployed)
2) how much probably the legal fees to process the h1 visa for my employer?

Thanks!

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Talk to a lawyer about whether or not you can do this.

I see problems with your not working and it being a start-up company

As for fees, ask around. More experienced attorneys tend to be more expensive ... but some would say that we're worth it.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . I agree.

3. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

2

Answered . The most common issue with new companies is whether or not it has the ability to pay your salary. If it is a new company, then chances are, they do not have a lot of financial records. It's definitely a good idea to talk to an attorney about what the new company can and cannot provide.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . You should consult with an attorney.