H1B transfer RFE. What options do I have if it is rejected

Asked 11 months ago - San Jose, CA


My H1B transfer has an RFE. I wanted to know what options do I have if it is rejected.

1) My spouse is on H1B too. Can I apply for H4 COS after H1B transfer is rejected without having to leave the country.

2) Can I apply for a new employer after my H1B transfer is rejected. My original H1B is valid till OCT 2014.

3) If my RFE is rejected can my employer apply for a new H1B and would I have to travel to my country to get the visa again.

4) Can I start H1B transfer process with another company before the rejection?


Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These questions should be discussed with your employer's attorney or on a consultation. This is not a law office. it is a free information forum.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What did the lawyer working for the new company have to say when you asked him/her these questions?

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You are jumping the gun. RFE does not necessarily mean the petition will be denied (not rejected.) Most of the answers would depend on the reasons for denial. You may have options, namely, your employer refiling, changing status or new employer petition.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  4. Ili J. Subhan


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Consult with your employer's immigration attorney. You may also retain your own immigration attorney to discuss the specifics of your case in greater detail, since this forum is to provide general information, not legal advice.

    The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,181 answers this week

3,195 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,181 answers this week

3,195 attorneys answering