H1B transfer RFE. What options do I have if it is rejected

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

Hi,

My H1B transfer has an RFE. I wanted to know what options do I have if it is rejected.

1) My spouse is on H1B too. Can I apply for H4 COS after H1B transfer is rejected without having to leave the country.

2) Can I apply for a new employer after my H1B transfer is rejected. My original H1B is valid till OCT 2014.

3) If my RFE is rejected can my employer apply for a new H1B and would I have to travel to my country to get the visa again.

4) Can I start H1B transfer process with another company before the rejection?

Thanks,

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . These questions should be discussed with your employer's attorney or on a consultation. This is not a law office. it is a free information forum.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . What did the lawyer working for the new company have to say when you asked him/her these questions?

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . You are jumping the gun. RFE does not necessarily mean the petition will be denied (not rejected.) Most of the answers would depend on the reasons for denial. You may have options, namely, your employer refiling, changing status or new employer petition.

4. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

Answered . Consult with your employer's immigration attorney. You may also retain your own immigration attorney to discuss the specifics of your case in greater detail, since this forum is to provide general information, not legal advice.