H1b transfer requirements

Asked over 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

What are the requirements required in behalf of the employer and employee to file for an H1B transfer?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the above answer.

    Please know that as soon as the H-1B transfer petition is received by the USCIS, the employee may start working for the new company. It is not necessarily to wait until the government approves the petition.

  2. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The requirements are the same as an initial H-1b filing , but you must demonstrate you have been "in status"

    Please call our office for a complimentary consultation

    Note: The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.

    Best regards,
    Neil I Fleischer
    The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC
    917 Main Street
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314
    Direct telephone: 513 977 4209
    Toll Free: 1-888-523-8088
    Email: nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com
    Check out our blog for a humorous but informative look at immigration law
    http://immigrate2usa.blogspot com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,175 answers this week

2,827 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,175 answers this week

2,827 attorneys answering