H1B transfer before Oct 1st from employer A to employer B

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

Currenlty i am in L1b visa, applied for H1 through employer A and i was selected in lottery. i got a job with employer B and they are not ready to do corp to corp instead they want me to transfer the H1B Visa on Oct1.
My question is do i need to work with employer A for couple of months before moving to other Employer b? will there be any problem in future while i am applying for GC? or will i be facing any other problems in future? Please help…..

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . There is nothing different Employer B has to do on October 1st than now.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . You first need to see that employer A's H-1B petition is approved, then start working for A on October 1st, in order to "activate" your H-1B status. You can then "transfer" if employer B files a new petition AFTER Oct. 1, when you'll already be in H-1B status (hopefully.)

There shouldn't be any problems with any GC application by B in the future.

3. David Joseph Trevino

Answered . I've never encountered this particular issue, however, it appears you are free to file a change of employer to the second employer because your H1b was already counted. Of ourselves the entire packet including the LCA should be redone. Also this should be premium processed. See a good immigration ASAP to double check this, although its entirely possible the second employer has their own immigration attorney that handles H1bs on behalf of your proposed employer.