H1B Transfer

Asked about 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I'm L1b from company A. I have H1b approved by company B effective Oct'12. Can i transfer my H1b from company B to Company C before Oct'12.

Can I transfer the approved H1b without having worked for the company which got my H1b.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your proposals do not make complete sense.

    Do you have a 3rd company offer, or are you just exploring your options?

    Wait until you start Company B before you 'play around' with Company C.

    FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  2. Namita Agarwal

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If Company B was the company that applied for the H1B transfer, you cannot begin working with Company C without informing USCIS of this change. Company C should file a H1b transfer application for you.

    This information is for informational and educational use only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Hs don't start til October 1. Transfer to another company for H-1B? Nope....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,928 answers this week

3,013 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,928 answers this week

3,013 attorneys answering