H1B transfer - time limit to join new employer

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

my H1B transfer to employer B has been approved and my new I-797 A is valid from 6/13/13 to 6/13/16 - I plan to join my new employer on 7/8/13 - is that ok? is there any time limit on H1b transfers to start with new employer?
thanks a bunch!

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 16

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can start with your new employer as soon as the H-1B transfer is received by the USCIS.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To expend on Mr. Behar answer, if they withdraw you may still be able to but consult with an immigration attorney. Start with your employer's.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  3. 7

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can join new employer on July 8, as long that the previous employer does not withdraw your H-1B before that if you stop working there, which will create a gap.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  4. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes you can join the employer on 7/8 as long as you continue to work for the previous employer and he does not cancel the H1.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more
  5. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

Related Topics

H-1B speciality occupation visa

If you have special skills and the right experience, you might be eligible for a H-1B visa if there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Sweta Khandelwal

H-1B Cap 2016

This video shall explain everything that one needs to know about H-1B visas and the H-1B Cap. H-1B Visas are visas that are available for positions that are referred to "Specialty... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

38,050 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

38,050 answers this week

3,951 attorneys answering