H1b to F1 Tranfer

San Francisco, CA |

I m on H1b, its expiring next year... I want to transfer to F1(student visa)

Can I tranfer without going out of country?

1. Yes, it is doable under change of status. Talk to good immigration lawyer who can help. Our law firm has helped many in the Bay Area with their immigration needs.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

2. Yes you can. Most schools have an international student office that will help you as well. If there are no complications they should be able to take care of this and issue the requisite I-20. Sounds like you are planning ahead, as you should, to ensure everything is in place before your H-1B expires.

-Jason Feldman
    San Diego Immigration Attorney

3. Yes you can. Most schools have an international student office that will help you as well. If there are no complications they should be able to take care of this and issue the requisite I-20. Sounds like you are planning ahead, as you should, to ensure everything is in place before your H-1B expires.

-Jason Feldman

4. You can transfer.
    The school should be able to assist and if you have further concerns you can contact an immigration lawyer.
    You are welcome to use the link provided below.
    Goodluck.