H1B to F1 COS while taking part time courses

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hi, I am planning for H1B to F1 COS and have some queries regarding my case. I have been taking part time classes for my masters course for the pst 6 months. I would like to convert as full time student and complete the remaining courses. Should I mention in my COS application that I have been taking part time courses and now want to convert to full time. Would it have any negative impact? Also, I read somewhere to include official transcripts of the courses taken till date if any.

1. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . I recommend against raising any issues which are not relevant and which you were never asked, in any application, unless you want to make your case unnecessarily complicated.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Part-time courses are permitted for a person on H-1B ... as long as you continued to work the number of hours listed on the I-129H.

Talk to your foreign student adviser for guidance on how to file the COS.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . I agree with attorney Berman