H1B status is showing initial review and left the company

Asked about 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

I am in L2 EAD and my employer applied my H1B, it picked by lottery and current status is showing as initial review. Due to my health issue, i left the job and staying with my family.

My questions:- Is my H1B will approve or not? If yes, what is the procedure to transfer H1B to other employer?

Just in detail
Currently I have L2 EAD and I can able to work and leave the job anytime but it is only depend on my husband (L1) visa. This year my former employer applied H1B and my application is picked by USCIS lottery, currently status is showing as initial review. Due to some health issue, I left the job and staying with my family.
My Questions:-
1. Is my H1B will approved if USCIS don’t need any additional document?
2. By default if it will be approved, what will be happen? My L2 EAD will become invalid and my status change to H1B visa status.
3. As currently I am not working, if H1B will be approved then I need to look for the new employer who will transfer my H1B or I will not do anything and continue stay in US without any job
4. Will I approach to my previous employer and join the job again?

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

1

2

Answered . Talk to the employer. If he does not withdraw the H1, you may be able to have another file a new H1 for you once this one is approved.

2. Alexus Paul Sham

1

Answered . I am not sure I understand your question. The employer's immigration lawyer and you should receive a copy of the approval or denial of your H1-B. It is best to talk to your employer's attorney.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . I don't think you'll ever be able to jump ship to a new employer. The current one will undoubtedly withdraw its petition on your behalf, upon advice of counsel .

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . A prudent employer would withdraw the I-129.