H1B stamping RFE

Asked 9 months ago - Columbus, OH

Hello AlI,
I applied for H1B last year 2013 and when it was in process I had an emergency and I had to travel back to India and later my petition was approved, I went for H1B stamping in India on Oct 2013 and got an RFE, My wife got an opportunity in USA and I accompanied her after consulting attorney as he says I can travel on my existing H4, at present I am in USA. Now is it possible to change my status to H1B for which I got RFE during stamping. or do I have any options to get my H1B. when I check my status in USCIS website it says my status is on "Post Decision Activity.
Thank You
Regards
Ravi

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Why don't you ask that attorney to now lead you out of this predicament?

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . You should take the RFE to you our employer's attorney and discussed the option of filing a change of status in United States based on the previously approved H1B or possibly refiling for H1B at this time.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

2

Answered . Ravi- if you are now in the US, your employer can file another H1 for you and ask for a I-94 as a transfer case. It should go through. Once it is approved you can have the employer withdraw the previous petition.

The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.