H1B stamping

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I'm presently on L1B and i got a extension denail today. But I have a approved H1b with I-94 effective Oct-01-2012. My H1b employer has asked me to go for H1b Visa stamping. My question is that can i got to Canada for stamping.

Addnl Info: I don't have US degree/education but have worked in US for 3 years on L1b

1. Neil Ian Fleischer

1

Answered . It is up to the Consulate in Canada to detrmine whether you can go for stamping there.
    www.immigrate2usa.com or follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com/nfleischer for breaking immigration news and information

2. Philip Alan Eichorn

Answered . I'd ask your employer why it's necessary for you to have your visa stamped in your passport when it's your I-94 (issued by CIS) that 1) controls your stay in the U.S. and 2) provides your employment authorization for purposes of their I-9 compliance. Unless there is an international travel requirement for you employment, I don't see why the stamping is necessary.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with attorney Fleischer.