H1B stamping

Charlotte, NC |

I'm presently on L1B and i got a extension denail today. But I have a approved H1b with I-94 effective Oct-01-2012. My H1b employer has asked me to go for H1b Visa stamping. My question is that can i got to Canada for stamping.

Addnl Info: I don't have US degree/education but have worked in US for 3 years on L1b

It is up to the Consulate in Canada to detrmine whether you can go for stamping there. or follow me on TWITTER for breaking immigration news and information

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

I'd ask your employer why it's necessary for you to have your visa stamped in your passport when it's your I-94 (issued by CIS) that 1) controls your stay in the U.S. and 2) provides your employment authorization for purposes of their I-9 compliance. Unless there is an international travel requirement for you employment, I don't see why the stamping is necessary.

I agree with attorney Fleischer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Employment