H1B restamping and Green card lottery.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

I won DV lottery 2014 and I am currently in H1B visa. I am visiting my family this summer and I need H1B restamp/renewal because my current visa is expiring in July. I know H1B is a dual intent visa. Should I send my documents to KCC after returning back from home? Or Should I send it now? Does it have any adverse effect to my H1B restamping?

The documents I am talking here are DSP-122 (Supplemental Registration for DV) and DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration) which should be send to KCC not I-485 and other documents (e.g. medical and advanced parole) for USCIS.

1. Karen-Lee Pollak

4

Answered . You can submit your immigrant petition now and do not need to wait

2. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

4

Answered . You can send your adjustment application with an advance parole application (which is free). That case you are covered with a valid H-1B (dual intent) visa and a parole document.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Whether to send the documents before or after your trip is a decision only you can make.