H1B restamping and Green card lottery.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

I won DV lottery 2014 and I am currently in H1B visa. I am visiting my family this summer and I need H1B restamp/renewal because my current visa is expiring in July. I know H1B is a dual intent visa. Should I send my documents to KCC after returning back from home? Or Should I send it now? Does it have any adverse effect to my H1B restamping?

Additional information

The documents I am talking here are DSP-122 (Supplemental Registration for DV) and DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration) which should be send to KCC not I-485 and other documents (e.g. medical and advanced parole) for USCIS.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can submit your immigrant petition now and do not need to wait

  2. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can send your adjustment application with an advance parole application (which is free). That case you are covered with a valid H-1B (dual intent) visa and a parole document.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Whether to send the documents before or after your trip is a decision only you can make.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,021 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,021 answers this week

2,981 attorneys answering