H1b Petition courier marked "Attn: I-129"

Sunnyvale, CA |

Hi,

My company has filed fresh H1b for the year FY'14. They have shared the courier receipt with me. I can see that the courier is sent to "USCIS California Center" and marked "Attn: I-129". But as per USCIS website, H1B petition should be marked with "Attn:H1B Cap". I am really confused here. Is my application going to get rejected? I am worried.

Thanks for your help.

-paul

Thanks for your responses. It helps to know that it will not be rejected. I have one more query - Can i still expect that my petition will be considered for regular "H1B cap" this year? Not sure how USCIS functions. If they just sort petitions based on the "Attn:..." written in courier envelope, then is there any chance that my petition will not be queued for H1B cap applications? Thanks a lot. -paul

1. See your company's immigration lawyer for correction or clarification of filing.

2. It is not likely to be rejected right way but there may be a confusion as to whether it will be counted towards the quota

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

3. Unlikely.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.