H1b extension for more than time left

Asked over 1 year ago - Arlington, VA

I recently changed jobs and had to file for H1B transfer. I had less than 1 year left out of my 6 years. I don't have a perm application pending for more than 365 days nor do I have a i-140 approved. Basically I have never started a GC process but my H1B approval notice says that my H1B is extended for 3 years. Is this common or is it a mistake on USCIS part? And I am planning to go for stamping in couple of weeks, what should I do?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Make an appointment to talk to your current EMPLOYER'S immigration attorney about this. USCIS is known to make mistakes, but if a mistake it is, they'll catch it at the consulate and could even accuse you of fraud.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . That appears to be a mistake by USCIS.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.