H1B Extension beyond 6 years

Asked over 2 years ago - Torrance, CA

The First PERM got filed last June 2011 and went into audit responded to and withdrawn, second PERM was filed in November went to audit and responded to, current one was filed few weeks back.

In this regard, canI file for an extension until November of next year using the second PERM. Please advise on the next course of action.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To qualify for an extension beyond the 6th year, you must have a Labor Certification/I-140 pending for at least one year, or an approved I-140.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . As long as the labor certification (PERM) is properly filed and pending you can apply for the 7th year extension.

  3. Neil Ian Fleischer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr Ferrari
    formo re info

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,490 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,490 answers this week

2,825 attorneys answering