My H1B visa and I-94 is going to expire on 30May13.
I have to visit India in March for family reasons and will be back to US by 31th March. I will have 2 months left for initiating visa extension before the visa expires. I am planning to file visa extension through my company soon after coming to US (31st Mar)
Will there be any major concerns while coming back to US at POE because
1. Only 2 months left on my Visa (and I-94)
2. Will there be concern raised by Officer at POE, why not filled the extension yet
3. Do you suggest filling extn. before leaving US and travel to India, with Ack. receipt for filing extension(not approval)
4. If I file extension before leaving US , then will there be any issues while returning as my extension would be in process, but surely approval would be pending.
1 & 2 - no not for these reasons
4. Your visa renewal depends upon your ability to convince the consulate where you pply for renewal. If your work closely ith an attorney who could advise you on how to handle the visa interview, you would be well informed. Best Wishes!
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel, IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-674
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
31,238 answers this week
3,219 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary