H1B extension: I 94 expiring on 30 Jan

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

Hi,

My 194 is expiring on 30 Jan, my employer had filed the extension but received the RFE at the same time.. they are preparing the response for the same and would be responding back within the stipulated timeline.

Could you please confirm, if I can stay in the US after 30 Jan as I have not received any receipt no as of now?
If I can stay, do I need to ensure anything from my side to make my stay legal?

Thanks in anticipation

AB

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

10

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

4

Answered . If you have filed for an extension you (your employer or attorney) should have received a filing receipt before an RFE was issued. Once the extension is filed you are permitted to remain in the US until a decision is reached.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Although you can not travel internationally ... the H is automatically extended for up-to 240 days ... don't worry ... keep in touch with the employer's immigration lawyer.

4. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . I agree with answers provided by both of my colleagues. Keep in touch with your employer's immigration lawyer. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

5. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with F.J. Once extension is timely filed, you can stay. However you can work on H-1B for only 240 days after expiration of previous petition.