H1B Consular Processing

Asked 4 months ago - Sunnyvale, CA

I was in USA from 2007 - 2012 in F1 Visa. I got PhD degree. I started working on F1 (OPT) between September 2012 - October 2013. From October 2013 I am in H1B visa. I got H1B stamped in December 2013.
My employer laid me off on Feb 5, 2014. They told me I have one month to look for a new job. My H1B petition got revoked on Feb 20, 2014. I found a new employer who filed a H1B petition on March 18, 2014. and petition got approved in mid April 2014 (directed me to a consulate in Canada for H1B stamping). I got a Canadian visa in end of April. I found another job (April end). The new employer asked me to leave for home country and is filing a new petition. I am currently in my home country (left USA on May 9).
a. Will a new peition be approved? b. Will I get H1B stamping? I am in India

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

Best Answer

Answered . From the information that you provided, you should be okay.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . A. Impossible to tell without first analyzing your employer"s entire H1B petition.
    2.. If CIS approves the new employer's petition, and does not find any issues relating to possible fraud, etc. then in all likelihood yes.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Without knowing more about the petitioner, it will be mere speculation. If you already have a valid visa (from your travel to U.S. Consulate in Canada), you will not need a new visa to travel back to the U.S.