H1b cap exempt . I was in U . S for 36 months on h1b . came back to India 2 years back . and h1B visa expired .

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, IN

I got my h1B stamped in October 2006 for 2 years . I came to U . S in March 2007 . Applied for h1B extension in October 2008 and got it stamped till July 2011 . I came back to India in January 2011 . and working in India for last two years . Now , Can another employer file new h1B cap exempt for remaining three years . ? . if yes , can i travel any time once it is stamped ?

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Yes.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Lalita Haran

3

Answered . Yes. A new employer may apply for the balance of the period to a maximum of 3 years if you have not exhausted your 6 yr maximum eligibility. To enter you would need a valid unexpired H1 visa. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney
    Practice Area: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

3

Answered . It sounds like a new employer can submit a petition since you are already counted under the cap.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues

5. Rebecca T White

1

Answered . From what you describe it sounds as if you can likely have a new employer file a new cap exempt petition, but it is important you have everything fully reviewed before making assumptions and moving forward. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

6. Samir Bhatt

Pro

1

Answered . It appears that you have not exhausted your 6 year limitation, therefore, another employer could file an H-1B petition on your behalf. Once the H-1B petition is approved and the US Consulate in India issues the visa stamp, you would be eligible to enter the US and commence employment. If you have further questions, I would recommend setting up a consultation.