H1B Approved from October 1st 2014 with COS and H4 approved from Aug 2013 to Sep 2014. What will be my status after Oct

Chicago, IL |

I got my H1B approved with Change of status on April 18th 2013 which will be effective from October 1st.
I had applied for H4 extension from August 2013 to September 30th 2013 which got approved on September 19th. But it was approved till September 30th 2014.
Effective dates are as below:

H1B with COS from October 1st 2013 to September 30th 2016.
H4 From August 25th 2013 to September 30th 2014.

I suppose according to the last action rule currently I am on H4 status which will be changed on October 1st to H1.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance.

1. Good guess but not something you can rely on. Check the dates on the approval notices and then seek a professional's help with the last action rule.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. Kindly ask your current attorney of record to confirm any issues with your important immigration case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

3. Please check with the attorney who helped you with this because (s)he would have access to all the necessary information to advise you on this point.

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.