H1B approved, still on OPT extension. Can I travel?

New York, NY |

I am on OPT extension till October 31st 2013 with valid F1 Visa. My H1B (for non-profit org category) was approved on August 19th 2013 and it schedule to start from November 1st 2013. Is it safe to travel to my home country on September 6th 2013 and return back to United States on September 21st 2013 with my current OPT extension EAD card?

If so, what are the documents I will need before I leave, to return to the USA?

I read online in a blog, the following answer for an identical situation.
http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/38383-h1-got-approved-but-still-on-opt-can-i-travel-to-india/
Is there any truth to this statement above?

I deeply value your advise.

Traveling is always problematic in these circumstances.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

2. If you value your status, you should consult directly with an immigration attorney.

3. I would not recommend travel. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. Travel is not advised. Consult the attorney that handled the case, if you had one.