H1B Amendment, LCA and prevailing wages for temoporary relocating to new location

Asked almost 2 years ago - Madison, WI

Hello,

I am a full time employee of a company in state x. I am working out of the same state x. Now, I have this family requirement where I need to relocate to state y temporarily for 6 months and work remotely out of this state y during this period. So my question is:

1) Do i need a H1 ammendment, LCA or both for the new location.
2) My current wages are less that the prevailing wages in the new state y. Will this be problem?

Please advice.

Thanks!

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

5

Answered . Yes you will need an amendment and your wages will need to be equal to or in excess of the prevailing wage for that state. It is up to the employer whether to allow you to work remotely and establish guidelines so it is clear you are working under their control and direction; otherwise your employment will not be H-1B eligible.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . I agree.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . 1. Both
    2. Yes

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.