H1B after Political asylum rejection

Asked almost 2 years ago - Iselin, NJ

I had applied for political asylum 3 years ago. I was rejected back then. Now I have received H1B visa through my employer. Fortunately the situation in the country has also got better. Is it safe to go back to my hometown to visit my family members and then return to the U.S? Or do I have to get a Green Card or a citizenship in order to do that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Asylum will now be a subject at any interaction you will have with the American government.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Answered . You can travel with a valid H1B visa, but if you had a legitimate fear of persecution you might not want to.

    Andres Mejer 9 Memorial Parkway, suite B Long branch, NJ 07740 220 Third Street Lakewood, NJ 08701 732-... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can go back if oyu have a valid H1B visa

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

36,596 answers this week

3,884 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

36,596 answers this week

3,884 attorneys answering