H1B admin processing

Miami Beach, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I just received an email from consulate after being in admin processing for 1 month.. Its very simple and just reads:
"Please come in with pink slip for passport drop off and new visa issuance. Passports with new visas are generally available the next day" * pink slip is what i was given when i was told i would be in admin processing*
Does this mean im out of admin processing? They never say "your visa is approved", so im not sure if this is the typical ambiguous format. Will i see yet ANOTHER VO for more questioning?

This means that the administrative processing of your application is complete. The Embassy just wants you to drop off your passport so the visa can be placed in your passport. Generally speaking , there is no further interview.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Atty Devore, many thanks for your comments. I'm only trying to get 2nd opinions from profesionals such as yourself. I have returned to the US on b2 status and was very clear to the cbp officer that I was coming to meet with my employer and atty to discuss my situation. Thankfully, during this time I received the before mentioned email. No I'm returning to consulate when visa was applied for to hopefully get visa issued. I was afraid that my B2 status could have affected my situation. I would like to meet with you once I G-d willing, return to the us. Are you available for consultation?

Jeffrey Adam Devore

Jeffrey Adam Devore

My pleasure. Feel free to contact my office to schedule a consultation at a mutually convenient time.

i agree with my colleague. Congratulations.

I, too, agree.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration