H1B ( Stamped until 2014) -> F1-> H1B (Not Stamped)

New York, NY |

I have a H1B Stamped from Employer A which is valid until 2014. I later changed to a F1 in 2011 and then after completing in 2013 am back to being an H1 with Employer B . Do I need to get my passport stamped again. I know that you dont need to get stamping done if you change from employer A to employer B. Not sure if this is true with being an F1 in between?

Assuming that you received the change of status from F-1 to H-1B, the next time you leave the United States, you will be required to pick up a new H-1B visa at a consulate before you reenter the United States.

You only need the H-1B visa stamped on your passport if you travel outside the U.S. When you come back, you must have the correct type of visa stamped on your passport to seek admission into the U.S. If you have no plans of traveling outside the U.S., mere approval of the H-1B allows you to work legally. You can wait to work out your permanent resident status before traveling so that you won't have to deal with visa issues anymore.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Recommended articles about Employment