H1 Transfer, does the old company know about it?

Mountain View, CA |

Hi I am hoping to transfer from company A to B. I plan to stick around for another 2 months with company A. Company B wants to file for my H1 transfer, would company A know about it? What if I dont want to share the next place I am moving too? Many thanks :)

No, company A won't necessarily know about it.

But, you have to be careful so that you don't end up working without authorization for A, once the papers for B are approved.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

No, company A would not know about it. Company B can put your starting date 2 months from now. When all is set you can give your notice and move on.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Hi. Nice to meet you.

Only if someone tells them. USCIS does not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration