H1 petition getting approved from visa status L2 to H4.

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

I am currently working and on l2 visa and my husband will be moving to H1 in April as he is getting a cap exempt from his previous petition. I have my employer who is ready to File my H1B this year.Can my petition still get approves as the staus will be H4 in next two months.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Whether an H-1B change of status is approved does not depend on the type of status you have. It depends on the facts of the case, and on whether or not you are maintaining valid status.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Your employer can seek change of status from H-4 to H-1B. However L-2 to H-4 is unlikely to be approved in 2 months unless your spouse's employer will be seeking premium processing of the H-1B petition (incl you H-4).