H1 B Visa Transfer prior to changing status on H1 B

Asked over 1 year ago - Irving, TX

I have filled a fresh H1 B Visa for company A and now I am getting a Job offer from company B who is ready to sponsor my H1, Can I transfer my H1 B to company B without actually started working for company A? On October 1, what can I do, please advice?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I-129 is company's A petition - -you are just a beneficiary in it. Company B needs to file a new petition. This is setting aside the moral aspect of you acting dishonestly toward company A

2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

3

Answered . No, you don't transfer your H1b to an employer whom you never worked for. Instead, the new employer files a new H1b based upon the originsl I-94 provided the EAD is still valid. If expired, or out of status, then you 'may' have to consular process the second H1 B visa petition without a change of status.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration and visa attorney before you do anything more. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You are assuming the currently filed H-1b will be accepted and approved. Both are unsafe assumptions.