H1 B amendment

Wilmington, DE |

I have joined a fortune 500 company for fulltime employment 6 months back. They have applied for my H1B based on my previous employer's approved I-140 and got H1B approved for next 3 years. After i joined this new company, my previous employer withdrawn i-140. I have been told my HR department that they are applying for my H1B Amendment for material changes though my location and client did not change. I have few questions regarding H1B Amendment. 1) Do they file for a new H-1B petition as part of this Amendment or is it just a correction of existing H-1B? 2)Do They need my previous employer’s I-140 for this amendment? If yes, what are my options as my I-140 has already been withdrawn by my previous employer? 3)is it absolutley necessary to apply for H1B Amendment, at all? thanks in adva

1. Your employer has an immigration attorney. You need to ask that attorney your questions.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. These types of case-specific, multi-facetted questions need to be posed to your employer's immigration attorney.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. You should direct your questions to your company's immigration lawyer since he/she is familiar with all of the facts of your case.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.