H1 B amendment

Asked 11 months ago - Wilmington, DE

I have joined a fortune 500 company for fulltime employment 6 months back. They have applied for my H1B based on my previous employer's approved I-140 and got H1B approved for next 3 years. After i joined this new company, my previous employer withdrawn i-140. I have been told my HR department that they are applying for my H1B Amendment for material changes though my location and client did not change. I have few questions regarding H1B Amendment. 1) Do they file for a new H-1B petition as part of this Amendment or is it just a correction of existing H-1B? 2)Do They need my previous employer’s I-140 for this amendment? If yes, what are my options as my I-140 has already been withdrawn by my previous employer? 3)is it absolutley necessary to apply for H1B Amendment, at all? thanks in adva

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should direct your questions to your company's immigration lawyer since he/she is familiar with all of the facts of your case.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . These types of case-specific, multi-facetted questions need to be posed to your employer's immigration attorney.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your employer has an immigration attorney. You need to ask that attorney your questions.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,215 answers this week

2,838 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary