H-4 filed by lawyer, who gets H-4 I-797-A and new I-94 ?

Newark, DE |

My lawyer had filed my H-4.
The H-4 approval notice(I-797-C) had come to my home address on 12th Feb

I haven't yet received the new I-94 and I-797-A . Will this notice be sent to my home address or will it go to the lawyer who has filed it ?

Also how much time does the I-797-A and new I-94 take ?

This is the type of question that should be posed to the lawyer in question, and not in a general forum such as Avvo.

Your attorney receives the original I-797, with you only getting the "courtesy" copy. You'll need to ask for the originals from your attorney.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks a lot. Your advice helped me a lot and gave me a clear idea of things.

The copy was sent to the lawyer an I received it. Appreciate all your help.

I hope you would contact your lawyer and ask whether the required document is enclosed with the attorney copy. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Camel, IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

You should be directing your questions to your lawyer. Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thanks Sir. I am not able to reach my lawyer as he is not in town. Can you please help me know who usually gets the original I-797-A and new I-94 ? would it be the lawyer or me ?

Recommended articles about Employment